The College of Engineering is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 Reverend Thomas A. Steiner, C.S.C., Award.
These seniors, one in each major, have been selected for their high level of academic excellence as well as dedication to engineering and a commitment to the common good during their tenure as undergraduates.
- Yi-Chung Chen, aerospace engineering
- Mark Legendre, chemical engineering
- Jake Leporte, electrical engineering
- Abigail Martin, environmental engineering
- Michael I. Perez, mechanical engineering
- Lily Polster, civil engineering
- Daniel Riehm, computer science
- Emory Smith, computer engineering
About the Steiner Award
Father Steiner was an 1899 civil engineering graduate of Notre Dame who served as dean of the College of Engineering from 1928 to 1938. He had a tremendous impact on the college and an even greater impact on the lives of his students. In 1948, former students of “Pops” Steiner established this award in his memory. It is presented annually to outstanding seniors.
— Nina Welding, College of Engineering