The Chemical Engineering Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Accreditation is a process by which an organization, such as ABET, conducts a review of the program to determine whether the program meets the standards set by the profession.
In accord with ABET, graduates of our program should achieve the following objectives within a few years of graduation:
- Obtain or be on a track toward employment commensurate with a Chemical Engineering degree.
- Affirm that the university and department provided proper training and background to enable their desired career path.
- Show some evidence of seeking to contribute to the greater good of society.
- Engage in continual professional development and personal learning.
Students finishing our program should demonstrate the following Educational Outcomes:
- (a) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- (b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- (c) an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- (d) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- (e) an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- (f) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- (g) an ability to communicate effectively
- (h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global economic environmental and societal context
- (i) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life long learning
- (j) a knowledge of contemporary issues
- (k) an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Annual Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||2nd-4th Year||Degrees Awarded|
|2020 – 2021||295||80|
|2019 – 2020||315||84|
|2018 – 2019||237||81|
|2017 – 2018||262||113|
|2016 – 2017||296||92|